Open Postdoctoral Position "Recommendation of Pedagogical Resources Adapted to User Profile and Context"
Open Postdoctoral Position "Recommendation of Pedagogical Resources Adapted to User Profile and Context", Inria Sophia Antipolis (France)
Semantic EDUCLOUD: Recommendation of Pedagogical Resources Adapted to User Profile and Context in the EDUCLOUD 06 Serious Game
Semantic Web, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Adaptive e-Learning Systems, Serious Games
We are looking for a Postdoctoral researcher with a background in Semantic Web, Knowledge Representations and Reasoning and e-Learning Systems to join the Inria Wimmics team and the Gayatech start-up to work within the EDUCLOUD project.
EDUCLOUD is an emerging initiative in Sophia Antipolis, for the implementation of a platform of digital educational content accessible through the cloud from a 3D portal of resources, and any screen (tablets, smartphones, PCs). In particular, these resources will be accessed through EDUCLOUD 06, a serious game that makes secondary school pupils delve into Antipolis, the Antibes city from ancient times. Immersed in a 3D world, students must solve puzzles around a story confronting the myths and beliefs of the time and in doing so they will acquire skills and knowledge in history of arts, plastic arts, humanities, history, geography and technology. To get help in his quests and various quiz testing his knowledge, the gamer can use external digital resources (books, video, TV, web) and an in-game social network to work with his teacher and comrades.
In this context, and to meet the needs of GAYATECH developing edutainment solutions, the Semantic EDUCLOUD project aims to improve the recommendation of educational resources to learners in EDUCLOUD 06, by using Semantic Web and Social Web models and techniques, in which the Wimmics team is specialist. In particular, the goal of the Semantic EDUCLOUD project aims to address the following research questions:
- How to integrate heterogeneous resources of the Cloud (in edutainment context) in order to improve the relevance of the resource recommendations to learners during their quest in EDUCLOUD 06?
- How to model the profile and context of EDUCLOUD 06 players in order to recommend to these learners resources adapted to their profile and context?
- How to model the community of learners of EDUCLOUD 06 in order to allow its analysis and improve its management and organization?
PhD in Computer Science.
Experience in at least one of the following:
- Semantic Web and Social Web models and techniques
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Adaptive E-Learning Systems
Self-motivated and willing to work in an international team
Fluent English and/or French
Gross Salary per month according to the level of diploma and the experience in the domain: 2500 – 2800€ / month (corresponding to 2100-2300€ net salary / month)